Write to us!
We invite, solicit, and desire a variety of submissions: field notes, ethnographic essays, methodological reflections, fieldwork dilemmas, visual essays, and even ethnographic fiction, poetry, comics and illustrations.
Please pitch your idea to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to get back to you within a week.
A few things to keep in mind:
- For longform ethnographic essays, we request authors stay under 3000 words, excluding references and footnotes.
- For methodological reflections, we request authors stay under 2500 words, excluding references and footnotes.
- For photo essays, we ask for no more than 12 photos and a maximum of 1000 words of accompanying texts.
- Podcasts are currently by invitation only; for all other submissions, do pitch to us.
- We are currently unable to pay our contributors. Hopefully, in the near future, we will be able to!
P.S.: We encourage bilingual submissions.
P.P.S.: We are open to pitches from ethnographers in any discipline, even though this website is being managed by two sociologists.
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter @EthnoMargin